Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 13 June 2009

    Antitrust bullsh*t – why is EU hating Microsoft so much

    Every now and then EU keeps charging Microsoft with outrageous fines for “being uncompetitive”. My question is, why are you still using Microsoft products then – no one forces you – there is lots of competition there available, Linux, Apple, BSD… Oh sorry, I forgot, they’re all crap. And Windows is the only one that’s usable. Suppose it’s Microsoft fault then, for providing too good products. Introduce more bugs, make installation process unusable (like in Linux) and start completely ignoring customers’ feedback (like Apple) and then maybe EU will fuck off. Sometimes I wonder why Microsoft doesn’t merge with some large hardware distributor (like Dell) and only sell their operating system with their systems. This way they would be able to bundle all the software they want and charge triple prices, like Apple does already. I haven’t heard about EU suing Apple

    So the newest EU resolution is, that Windows 7 should ship without Internet Explorer. Bravo, fuckwits – that’s a really smart move – a new operating system shipping without an internet browser – why don’t you also ban colour screens (for being insensitive toward colour blind people), Microsoft calculator (can’t understand why the producers of calculators aren’t protesting about it now), Word Pad (again – manufacturers of pen and paper may complain), Media Centre (we have TVs already, some people even have DVD and Blu-Ray players – but don’t tell that to people in Brussels, they may think it’s uncompetitive towards VCRs), the list may be as long as you like it to be. Why don’t we just strip Windows out of everything, so when your new PC ships, you’re be welcomed by a black screen with a blinking cursor (oh wait, why would we need Windows then – we already have DOS!).

    I want my operating system to come with all the essential software, like media player, word processor, file explorer  and INTERNET BOWSER! And I don’t really need EU officials telling me that I should use Firefox. I’ve been using Opera & IE duo for a long time now and I’m happy with it. And personally I think that Firefox is crap, it’s slow and it doesn’t really have anything that would compel me to use it – all it’s features and add-ons are just a rip off from Opera, IE and recently Safari and Chrome. 

    So when I get my hands on the official release of Windows 7 (currently using RC – which still comes with IE) my first thing will be to download IE8 – for two reasons:

    1. Just to show those fuckwits in Brussels

    2. To feed 8 starving kids (http://www.browserforthebetter.com/#getie8:6KzzC411fvl)

    FUCK YOU EU ASSHOLES!!!!

    PS, Regretting now that I haven’t voted for UKIP or BNP!

    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Vote UKIP next time then. These EU goons should have no say in what products are sold in Britain.