Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 8 September 2008

    Back to the childhood

    This weekend I did few things I haven't done since ages.

    First, I've bought a bike. I haven't been riding a bike since I was 14 or so. And I have completely forgotten how much fun that was. At first I wasn't that happy about it at all. It was pouring down with rain and I had completely no idea how to get from the "Centre" to the Campus. But then despite the odds I started enjoying it. After all if you put 15 stones on a bike down the hill is pretty fast... I came back home wet, covered in mud but really happy.

    Other thing I haven't done in ages was eating in McDonald's. I don't really like junk food so I usually avoid it. But  this time I just really craved a BigMac. There's something reassuring in fact that whenever you go to McDonald's, in whichever country you are, it will always taste the same. I suppose it reminds me times when I was a kid and my mum came to see me on Christmas or some other holiday, we usually went there, because it was my favourite place to eat.

    In the evening I've accidentally stumbled upon site hosting old ALF episodes. Do you remember ALF? Furry, bad mannered little alien that everyone loved in the 80s? Another memory from my childhood. ALF sounds a little funny not speaking German - but I suppose it's just me.

    Yup. That was a good weekend. Pity now it's Monday and back to work.

    0 comments: